2. Collection, processing and use of your personal data
If you visit our website and do not create a profile, then we do not know who you are.
We collect, store and process your data for the following purposes:
- in order to establish, realize and conduct the contractual relationship with you;
- to facilitate the provision and your use of our website and to provide the services offered on our website;
- to analyze, adapt and improve our services, content and advertisements.
This comprises in particular the realization of:
- buying, selling, auctioning and appraisal processes;
- shopping cart functionality;
- “tell a friend” functionality, where you can send an e-mail to a recipient and disclose your own e-mail address to the recipient.
While using our website you may receive e-mail notifications from time to time, for example confirmation of transactions, information regarding the handling and conduct of purchases, sales or other transactions, invitations to provide customer feedback, notification services (if you have activated notification services in you user account) or upon cancellation of purchases to resume the purchase process at a later time. If you register for our newsletter, your e-mail will also be used to provide you with Auctionata marketing material and advertisements until you unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Your personal data will only be passed on to third parties or otherwise disclosed if this is necessary for the purpose of conducting the agreement or for billing, or if you have given prior consent to do so. For example, transport companies, banks, payment service providers, web hosting companies, valuation experts, auctioneers and other service providers (e.g. web analysis or technical service providers) used by us will be provided with the information they require to conduct the agreement. The third party may only use the information provided to perform its duties. Any other use of the information by this third party will not take place and will not be permitted by us.
In the course of the commission-based transaction we will also pass on your first and last names and your address details to the consignor, i.e. the owner of the respective item, as soon as you have purchased the item (identification). The consignor is prohibited from passing on your data to third parties.
Please note that internet payment systems that may be operated from outside the EU may be offered as a means of paying for items by Auctionata. In order to process a payment, such companies store data relevant to the payment on servers that may be located outside the EU. We have no influence over this. The same applies with regard to credit card companies located outside the EU.
We collect in particular the following personal data in our contractual relationships (purchase through the web shop/purchase by auction, request for a valuation, commission-based transactions):
- First and last name,
- Email address,
- Telephone number,
- Payment data/ Bank account,
- Profile Picture and Password, if an user account has been created by a client for the participation in an auction,
- Information regarding the respective items or goods.