5. Targeting, Tracking, Analysis
We use tracking and analysis technologies to collect statistical data regarding the use of our website and to optimize our services. We also use technologies to provide content, including advertisements, according to your interests on our or third party websites (“targeting” for advertisements).
Analyzing, tracking and targeting will be anonymously or pseudonymously. Usage profiles will not be consolidated with your personal data.
We cooperate with external service providers who utilize with our consent tracking and analysis technologies. These service providers support us with the provision of our content and advertisements and provide us with anonymized website statistics and analysis. We do not permit our service providers to collect personal data on our website for their own purposes.
We may also cooperate with external service providers for advertisement networks and advertisement exchange programs. Such service providers enable us to display advertisements for you on our website. The service providers may utilize cookies, web beacons or similar technology to collect data. Data collected by these service providers may be used to display more relevant advertisements on our website or third party websites.
- One of our services providers is Webtrekk GmbH, Boxhagener Straße 76-78, 10245 Berlin, Germany, who collects statistical data regarding the use of our website for optimization purposes. Webtrekk has been certified in terms of compliance with data protection and web controlling software by TÜV Saarland. Part of the certification was an audit at Webtrekk’s premises in Berlin and at Webtrekks hosting location, where the collecting and processing of tracking data was reviewed in terms of data protection and data security. You may object to the storage of your pseudonymous usage data by Webtrekk. In such case your usage data will not be collected anymore. For that purpose a cookie with the name “webtrekkOptOut” will be placed. The objection is valid until you delete the cookie. The cookie will be placed on a per-domain, per-browser and per-device basis. As a result, you need to place the cookie on each browser and device you use (e.g. if you use our website at home and at work or with different browsers).
To place you objection please click here.
- We use Facebook’s ‘Website Custom Audiences’ for interest-based advertising. With this function we show target ads to target audiences on Facebook. For this purpose we collect information on our website by using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies (see above Sec. 4). This information will be used to show target ads to the visitors of our website on Facebook and therefore the information that you visited our website is provided to Facebook. If you are logged in to your Facebook account at that time, Facebook can correlate your Facebook account with whether you visited our website.
- Further information about why and how the information are collected can be found in these links:https://www.facebook.com/policy.php and:https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/.
- You can deactivate the application of Facebook Website Custom Audience by clicking this link:https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin.
- Further information regarding ad-related third parties cookies and how you can disable their use is available at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/