The paint surfaces are somewhat stained and show minor abrasion. The inspection under UV light reveals a few tiny strokes of retouching to the margins, as well as touch-ups to the frame. The frame shows wear and traces from usage.
Carry Hauser (1895-1985)
Born in Vienna, Carry Hauser studied at the local Grafische Lehr- und Versuchsanstalt and then attended the School of Applied Arts under the guidance of Anton Ritter von Kenner and Oskar Strnad. After the war, he stayed for a time at in Passau. From 1939 to 1947, he lived in Switzerland and then returned to his hometown. Since the late 1920s, he made out his own style, which combines new objectivity with expressionist features. Since the end of World War II, monumentality and flatness determine his work. Hauser cofounded the Viennese artist group ‘Freie Bewegung’ and the German Association of Artists ‘Der Fels’. From 1925 to 1928, he was a member of the Hagenbund. Works of Hauser can be found at the Albertina in Vienna, the Österreichische Galerie, and the Historische Museum of the City of Vienna. (cko)