1. Information collected about you
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites: personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information is information that you may supply to us, as described more fully below (e.g., when registering for an account on a Site). Personally identifiable information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card, billing and contact information, driver’s license number, social security number, bank account number, and photographic image. Non-personally identifiable information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, and use of the Sites and the Internet.
A. Personally Identifiable Information
As a general matter, you can browse the Sites without submitting your personally identifiable information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us with your personally identifiable information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personally identifiable information:
- Registration for an account on the Sites.
- Request for customer service or other assistance.
- Sign up to receive e-mail newsletters or e-mail alerts from us.
- Sign up to receive e-mail offers from Auctionata or Auctionata partners.
- Participation in surveys, panels, or market research.
- Participation in special events and promotions.
- Submission of items for valuation and sale on the Sites.
- Purchases on the Sites, including subscriptions to Auctionata services.
- Submission of a job application.
- Entry in contests or sweepstakes.
- Participation on social media accounts involving Auctionata, our Sites and our brands.
- Participation in communities, chat rooms and comment threads, other fora, and other interactive services.
- Submission of user generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it.
- Any other place on the Sites where you knowingly volunteer personally identifiable information.
B. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, when you interact with the Sites, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Sites (“non-personally identifiable information” or “non-PII”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of non-personally identifiable information:
- Demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personally identifiable information.
- Neighborhood information.
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Sites. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Usage information about your use of the Sites. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you a more customized experience on the Sites.
- Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Your search terms and search results.
- Other information regarding your use of the Sites.
- Aggregate data regarding the use of the Sites.
C. Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Sites. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you as a result of this data.
In addition, in some cases the Sites can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature. If you enable that feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device which will be used by the Sites to serve you certain content tied to your location.
D. Collection of Personally and Non-Personally Identifiable Information From Other Sources
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources (including by us from our offline interactions with you) to, among other things, enable us to verify, update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Sites. We may also collect PII from credit reporting agencies to, for example, determine your creditworthiness, credit score, and credit usage.